- 1 Digging the tables
- 2 Festival Lore
- 3 Interesting in taking on a greater role here?
- 4 Thanks
- 5 Companions and ItemTransformer
- 6 Congratulations
- 7 Gateway Icon Grabbing
- 8 Translation
- 9 need assistance
- 10 Resource additions
- 11 Combat Instances category
- 12 Item Transformer Tooltips
- 13 Re: Icons
- 14 Second remove request
- 15 Replacing UTF characters
- 16 Overflow experience
Digging the tables[edit source]
Just wanted to say that I really like the tables your setting up on some of the pages that just had category links before. Much more pleasant to look at. :) - Serpinecoh (talk) 22:35, 23 August 2013 (UTC)
- I've done many of the tables on the wiki as my preregistration identity 188.8.131.52. I only just registered today after getting tired of being unable to move pages. Thanks for the feedback. -- Two30 (talk) 22:56, 23 August 2013 (UTC)
Festival Lore[edit source]
It has certainly been a crazy morning with you, me, and Snowman321 running around in the Midsummer stuff. :) I think its actually running low on uncovered stuff other then specifics on the zone events and a lot of filled in item/tooltips... Anyway, is there any chance you could make a section of just the festival lores (its just the four things right?) on the Midsummer Festival page? It would be nice to have it there as well as the Lore page for completeness... - Serpinecoh (talk) 21:41, 29 August 2013 (UTC)
Interesting in taking on a greater role here?[edit source]
I've noticed your work on the wiki, and I'm not the only one. Serpinecoh has recommended you as a candidate for administrator, and I was already thinking along those lines myself. You would gain the rights to move images, delete and protect pages, and block users should that become necessary. Naturally, the wiki spirit calls for admins to try to be lighthanded and assume good faith, so it's a power best used sparingly. Would you be willing to take on these responsibilities and help Serpinecoh in administrating the wiki? — oOeyes 14:02, 6 October 2013 (UTC)
- Okay, sure. Deletion power would be useful for clearing spam. I can't imagine blocking anyone since we have so few contributors, and the vandals/spammers use throwaway accounts and IPs. Two30 (talk) 16:46, 6 October 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, it's rarely useful to block the spammers, and anons should only have temporary blocks anyway due to IPs changing, making it even less valuable. If you start seeing a fair amount of it, ask me to look it over, and I'll see if we can change the filters to deal with it. Meanwhile, congratulations on your promotion! — oOeyes 17:17, 6 October 2013 (UTC)
Just wanted to throw a thank at you for keeping things up to date lately. I'm dealing with a major family medical crisis, prepping my house for sale, and then likely moving to a different state. Thus I'm just a tad preoccupied. - Serpinecoh (talk) 20:08, 18 October 2013 (UTC)
- Wow, that's some major stress. Patrolling is mostly easy, but boring. - Two30 (talk) 20:18, 18 October 2013 (UTC)
Companions and ItemTransformer[edit source]
I'm making some progress modifying the item transformer block to format the new way... Can you maybe hold off on changing all the companions to abandon it? - Serpinecoh (talk) 18:40, 6 December 2013 (UTC)
- I noticed, and stopped. However, I've come to dislike ItemTransformer:
- There are too many exceptions. You can't even include "This power unlocks at companion level 30." because many of them say something else.
- Its documentation is a mess.
- It puts icons, images, and captions on the tooltip page instead of the main page.
- Frankly, I'd rather we abandon it now, rather than spread it further. -- Two30 (talk) 18:49, 6 December 2013 (UTC)
- I'm more of the opinion that changing one template when a major reformat occurs (like this one) is better then adjusting the arrangement of dozens or hundreds or whatever companions / items / etc. And to me text wise whether the unlock occurs at "rank" 30 or "level" 30 I don't find a big deal as long as things are generally close. I do agree with you a bit on the icon/image/caption thing... Maybe we should discuss in the community discussion a bit before throwing into either course.
- As a related side note, as it stands do to the stuff in my life (family death / moving / etc) I was meaning to ask you if you might want the bigger (bureaucrat) admin hat since I just don't have the time to focus on things. So with that in mind your preference will probably happen in any case. :) - Serpinecoh (talk) 19:09, 6 December 2013 (UTC)
- I think I have the template all sorted out now. activebonus= is the variable to apply the new active bonus info. I'm obviously not going to edit that you switched over to no template until more discussion happens. - Serpinecoh (talk) 19:39, 6 December 2013 (UTC)
You are now a wiki bureaucrat and have the power to promote others to administrator/bureaucrat or other user groups through the Special:userRights page. Use your new powers well. — oOeyes 18:25, 7 December 2013 (UTC)
- Okay. -- Two30 (talk) 19:33, 7 December 2013 (UTC)
Gateway Icon Grabbing[edit source]
They apparently changed the Gateway this morning so right clicking on an icon in an inventory bag no longer lets you "Inspect Element" to extract / identify the icon. You have any method that works now? - Serpinecoh (talk) 18:34, 19 December 2013 (UTC)
- Nevermind. Was able to find things in the resource tab of developer tools. - Serpinecoh (talk) 18:43, 19 December 2013 (UTC)
- As Serpinecoh suggested, you'll need to discuss that with OOeyes (User talk:OOeyes). -- Two30 (talk) 20:22, 9 January 2014 (UTC)
need assistance[edit source]
a user keeps posting information here that is unofficial and unsupported by PWE. the continual spamming of RNG test data which is performed on the preview shard is being offered up as actual drop rate data while actual drop rates will never be published. this "testing" is also done on a test build and not the live shard, therefore it is anecdotal as the user has no data that could confirm or deny his testing is anywhere close to what is on the live build. in my opinion, the information is given as a way to discourage players and not as helpful data. if drop rates were actually published by PWE then posting this information here on the official neverwinter wiki would be acceptable, however since such things as data mining is listed as a violation of the terms of service, this kind of unofficial data given as "helpful information" is definitely questionable. since this wiki is supported by perfect world, i will be taking this issue to PWE staff on monday but until then, i am looking to see what we can do.
- yes, i got some submit errors myself trying to send this information to the other admin last night. i do understand the need to review this and this is not necessarily urgent. and i do apologize for the mess, however i initially attempted to curb this by editing the page and the other user opted to delete my changes. --User:Melodywhr
- I believe that the RNG table is a invaluable resource for the community and seeing a forum moderator constantly trying to force her will onto a non official site she has no power on is getting quite tiresome --User:Songeurique
- I am aware of the dispute. Let's keep discussion on the talk page Talk:RNG Tests. --Two30 (talk) 14:42, 8 February 2014 (UTC)
Resource additions[edit source]
Thank you for your feedback on my additions today. Regarding the shortened table on the professions pages. I wanted to make sure to add a list of what resources were used for each profession on that page (like on the Leadership page), however when I just put it in a block of text it turned into link overkill. With a shorter table, one can tell at a glance which professions tend to use overlapping resources and which resources go with only one profession. It actually didn't take as much time as it looks to do the shorter tables once I had the main table done. The most time consuming thing was cutting out the leadership profession since none of that overlaps with the others. I'm anticipating a new profession with the next module and I don't think it will take me very long to update the tables once I have all of the information. I've only been playing since early December so I've not seen a module roll out yet, but I would guess that it would be a while before we have enough information to update things. I do plan on putting the Winter and Summer event professions in the new Resources page, but probably in a different section at the bottom since they are only limited availability. I've also though of standardizing and expanding each resource item page to show what specific tasks they are used for. This is likely to be a cut and paste operation if I can get it to look nice. I'm starting to ramble so I'll stop there. Thanks again for the feedback! - FrozenFlame22 (talk) 03:05, 19 March 2014 (UTC)
Combat Instances category[edit source]
True, "Quest Instances" sounds much better than "Combat Instances", I've been hesistant calling them "Lairs" because it doesn't really fit to most of those locations. I'll create the new category, so you can delete "Combat Instances" if you want to. btw. do you know how can I get high resolution map screenshots, clean without any of the points of interest, markings etc. ? I've seen maps like that on unofficial wiki, but I can't find them like that in The Foundry. Kmdziak (talk) 20:15, 28 April 2014 (UTC)
- Not sure. You can pull big PNG loading screens from the Gateway, but I don't think you can pull maps. Some of the maps are available for use in the Foundry, so maybe that's how people got big clean maps. -- Two30 (talk) 20:20, 28 April 2014 (UTC)
Item Transformer Tooltips[edit source]
Thank you for the note. I knew I wasn't quite getting it right but couldn't figure out what the problem was. I'm not terribly fond of the Item Transformer either. It seems clunky and repetitive. I was only using it because it seemed to be the standard convention here. If there is a better way, please let me know. I would be happy to revise all of the items I've already entered to work with another method. -FrozenFlame22 (talk) 20:40, 16 May 2014 (UTC)
- I use the Category:Boilerplates via the BoilerRoom extension when creating tooltips. Article format varies by contributor. I consider item infoboxes a redundant waste of space, since the tooltip already states most of the information. So I don't bother making item infoboxes, but other contributors seem to like them. --Two30 (talk) 13:41, 17 May 2014 (UTC)
Re: Icons[edit source]
I have taken icons from the Gateway for many of the pics I've posted, though sometimes, it's just as convenient to pull them from in-game. Right now, though, I'm putting up Jewelcrafting icons from the Preview server. Is there a way I can see preview stuff in the Gateway? I thought not? Snoman321 (talk) 19:55, 8 November 2014 (UTC)
- https://gatewaytest.playneverwinter.com/ is the Mimic gateway and has all the Jewelcrafting icons. There's no Owlbear gateway. -- Two30 (talk) 20:06, 8 November 2014 (UTC)
Second remove request[edit source]
Please, remove also [[:File:Duergar near Water Pumps.jpg]] as I accidentially uploaded this file 2 times (one with typo in name, second without). Thanks in advance.
Replacing UTF characters[edit source]
I saw you replace many UTF characters either in pages and page names, replacing them with ASCII ones only.
Is there any need or establishment not to use UTF characters like hellip (U+2026) ellipsis being replaced into three dots (U+002E) or ndash/mdash (U+2013–2014) being replaced into Hyphen–minus (U+002D)? — Benio101 (talk) 21:39, 7 February 2015 (UTC)
- I've been replacing the ones that don't match the game. The game occasionally uses such characters, but when it doesn't we shouldn't either. -- Two30 (talk) 22:02, 7 February 2015 (UTC)