We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
The Cloak Tower
|Location Type:||Dungeon Delve|
Deep within its dungeons, Vansi Bloodscar plots the conquest of Neverwinter. You must stop the commander of the Many-Arrows Tribe before it's too late!
Description[edit | edit source]
As a tavern tale has it, when thieves first broke into the tower several months after it first reappeared, they found empty halls and no mages (or bodies). Only the guild members' many-starred cloaks remained, hanging from pegs on the wall. Then disaster struck the thieves: The lone survivor of the group told of a horrific attack from cloaks that suddenly came to life and enveloped the other bandits.
Whether the tale or any part of it is true, the citizens of Neverwinter shunned the tower for decades thereafter--no one wanted to risk entering it.
District residents expected that the orcs, too, would run afoul of the tower's wards when they tried to occupy the place, but the creatures were able to move in safely. They have established themselves quite nicely in the most protected holdfast in the district.
Queue[edit | edit source]
|Dungeon Level||Monster Level||Queue Level||Gear Score|
|Normal||16||17||12 - 70|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- The Cloak Tower (Party) - You receive this quest after completion of the Fists of the Warband quest.
Chest Quest[edit | edit source]
- There are two altars at the end of the dungeon on which the players can put six option quest items: 3 gem shards and 3 flowers:
- (warning: names may vary)
- Quest Crystal locations:
- The Green Crystal can be found in the room in the southeast corner of the Apprentice Chambers after going down the first spiral staircase.
- The Red Crystal is lying on a table in the Alchemy Chamber, which contains the first boss, Makred the Foul.
- The Blue Crystal is within the crystal constructs at the southern edge of the Azure Garden. You have to kill all the enemies before it will show up. Some spawn towards the next room, so you might need to turn around to find it.
- Quest Flower/Mushroom locations:
- The Starflower is lying on a table in the Alchemy Chamber, which contains the first boss, Makred the Foul.
- The Gingershroom is dropped by the second boss, Throg the Ravenous.
- The Glowberries can be found at the base of the large tree in the center of the Botanical Garden, directly above the second boss, Throg the Ravenous, but only AFTER the boss is killed.
- The final result of collecting all the items and putting them on the altar is a standard random loot chest for each altar.
- This does not provide a chest on Epic Difficulty.
- Some of the items may overlap.
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Minion - 3 HP segments
Standard - 5 HP segments
Elite - 9 HP segments
Solo - 11 HP segments
Bosses of Cloak Tower[edit | edit source]
- Makred the Foul
- Makred acts like a buffed up Eye of Gruumsh.
- His attacks consist of a forward spear thrust that launches whoever is in front of him backwards. This attack is signaled by him rearing backwards to strike.
- His second, and final, attack is to summon a symbol of Gruumsh to smite his foes, forcing them to lie prone. This attack is signaled by a floating symbol and a red circle on the target location.
- Makred summons 2 Battle Tested orcs to fight by his side roughly half-way through the fight, you can focus them down if you want but they don't have a large impact on the fight.
- Throg the Ravenous
- Throg is an Ogre with a lot of extra health. He has the traditional ogre attacks of a heavy overheard chop and a right to left swing that knocks everyone in front of him away. He rears back for both of these attacks, so just watch for that and prepare to dodge or block.
- Throg summons a handful of Axe Throwers, Drudges, and Battle Tested orcs, as well as an Eye of Gruumsh during this fight. Simply have a control mage use AoE's to keep them at bay.
- Throg can be found in the Botanical Garden section of the Cloak tower, just make sure to go down the ramp instead of following the path.
- Vansi Bloodscar
- Vansi acts like a Battle Tested Ogre. She has a charge attack which she signals with a red circle at the target location. She also has an attack where she rapidly attacks in a cone in front of her, finishing it with a heavy swing, knocking all in front of her away.
- Vansi summons a heavy amount of Drudges, and unlike the previous bosses, these must be dealt with before your party become swarmed. Have one or two players deal with them - Control Wizards tend to be the most effective versus large packs, but any class can do it.
- Adds do not re-spawn after being killed.
Loot[edit | edit source]
|Makred the Foul||random piece of unidentified Rare equipment||50|
|Throg the Ravenous||random piece of unidentified Rare equipment||50|
|Vansi Bloodscar||random piece of unidentified Rare equipment||100|
|End Reward Chest||random piece of unidentified Rare equipment for your class|