Can someone please add Artifacts and Artifact Equipment bullets to the Main Page, under Gameplay? Not sure where else you can get to these pages, unless you know where they are, or unless you hit Enchanting, and find a link somewhere in that page. Thanks!
- I agree that this is a good idea, but maybe we should have a more generic page with all the links to the different equipment on it? The current page lacks links for artifacts and artifact equipment on it, I see. - IshtarNW (talk) 16:28, 29 December 2015 (UTC)
Please add Known Foundry Bugs bullet item to Foundry panel section underneath Frequently Asked Questions bullet.
How do we add more subpages to the Foundry section?
The 90's called, they want their web page back! No really, the main page here is really bad, and its protected so we can't fix it. Can we get a professional web designer to take a pass at this page? Izatar (talk) 09:48, 21 April 2013 (UTC)Izatar April 20
I agree with Izatar! Someone really need to fix this or let us do it. - Xareswe 12:38, 15 May 2013 (CET)
- The above comment isn't even referring to this version of the main page, and this version is incomplete as contributing graphics to finish it was intended to be linked to the contest. As for lifting the protection, the main page is one of a few pages where protection against vandalism really needs to be preemptive rather than reactive, but that's what Neverwinter Wiki/editcopy is for, and this is also part of the reason users have userspaces to begin with--they can copy pages over and test changes without risking damaging important pages. Anyone can change it by showing off another design and getting the community to agree to it. — oOeyes 04:53, 17 May 2013 (UTC)
Developers, please fill out the wiki. The threat page isn't even done! None 03:23, 15 May 2013 (MST)
- The addition of information to this wiki doesn't solely rest of the developers. You can add as much content as you want! Xandora (talk) 06:21, 17 May 2013 (UTC)
I have been creating a butt on of new pages for the contest aswell as mass images. This has led to a discovery. Tooltips are limited to how many can be called to a page! That means the insane work i put into the Wondrous Bazaar may not even be seen to the fullest effect! Each item so have has had me painstakingly create the tooltips exact to ingame with cross linking tooltips so new users can fulloy udnerstand the stats. This however is extremely limited and cuts off from Dark Enchant Rank 2 making the rest of the page hollow in its intended purpose. I am having a break to see the reply to this issue, that and the servers are down yet again due to Auction house issues >.< so cant pull information i need for the special section.
- I'm confused. Exactly what issue are you seeing? I'm having no problem seeing tooltips after Dark Enchantment Rank 2. Did you refresh the Wondrous Bazaar after adding the new tooltips? The tooltip system only checks to see if a tooltip page exists for a given link when the page is loaded. The basics of how it works are described at Help:Tooltips#Displaying the hover tooltips.
- There isn't any limit I can think of as the number of tooltips that can be loaded on a page that is actually likely to be hit in any practical scenario. I'm sure if someone made a page of many hundreds or thousands of links to pages with tooltips they might very well hit some limits in how much data a browser will hold for a given page, but given the size of pages I've seen browsers manage to download before, it's hard to imagine this happening in any reasonable scenario. — oOeyes 21:12, 19 May 2013 (UTC)
Proberly replying incorrectly to this. I refresh when i can to check and even gone as far as wiping my Firefox cache with no luck. I also just tried it with IE9 with no luck after Dark Rank 2. You sure you dont have special admin priviliges past this limit? *Also just checked on my friends PC with the same results. Maybe it is BT causing this. Will find out in a day or two.
- Yes, turns out there is a limit on how many pages can be checked in a single request, and admins do get a higher limit. Please check the page again to see if the code changes solve the problem. — oOeyes 23:36, 19 May 2013 (UTC)
- Also, I recommend against links in tooltips. The styles are not set up for this since the links can't be used when they're seen on hovering over a link. Even when the tooltips are static on a page, the links are almost always redundant, and avoiding redundant links is typical wiki style both to reduce the work involved in updating links after page moves and just to make the page look cleaner. For example, there is already a link to Consumable from Scroll of Identification; the link in the tooltip is a repeat. — oOeyes 23:59, 19 May 2013 (UTC)
Menu Bar[edit source]
Is there any chance we can get a steady menu bar at the top of the screen on all pages for easier navagation? (kind of like how the ddo wiki has)Phaazen (talk) 17:52, 4 June 2013 (UTC) The game not have accaunt defence!!! You can play many times, donate you real money in game but in one moment someone haked you're mail adress, change for another, robered all what you crafted and do better all you're stone from armor and weapon, from you companion rune stone connection, everything was a steal, and technical support can only give you back the account, provided that you remember when it was registered, what kind of characters you have created, what payments were made, from what IP, played with a computer. But do not return anything that was stolen. Or is this only for players from Russia? Or the support personnel themselves are involved in stealing accounts.
Icon Updates[edit source]
If you're interested in which Icon files I'm working on, check out my talk page. I've uploaded Enchanting/Gallery and will be working on Armor next, maybe in sections because it'll be over 800 images. ― Jetah 22:14, 4 June 2013 (UTC)
Looting System[edit source]
There appears to be no article discussing the Need/Greed/Pass loot system and how it functions. I would like to suggest that such an article be created. Thanks. 126.96.36.199 18:36, 6 June 2013 (UTC)
Neverwinter Preview Server[edit source]
If you are wanting information pertaining to the Neverwinter Preview Server then continue reading.
Copy Your Live character to Test Server[edit source]
- Go to http://nw.perfectworld.com/preview
- Click the "Sign Up!" button. This makes your account Preview enabled, and allows you to select "NeverwinterPreview" as a shard in the Neverwinter launcher. Now, you'll be able to make a new character and play on NeverwinterPreview, or...
- On the next page, select one of your previously existing characters from the dropdown menu.
- Select NeverwinterPreview as the destination to copy the character in the following dropdown menu.
- Press the Copy button.
This will copy your character from the Live server to the Test server. The test server is completely different and will not affect your Live character.
How to Quick Patch[edit source]
To speed up the NWP (Neverwinter Preview) download
- Open your Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter directory
- Copy the Live folder
- Paste the Live folder
- Rename the Live - Copy to Playtest
- Open the NW Launcher
- Select Neverwinter - NeverwinterPlaytest Server from the Shard menu.
- Link to the Official Post: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?330011-Welcome-to-NeverwinterPreview!&p=4226781&viewfull=1#post4226781
- You can r-click your desktop shortcut and select Properties. Click on Shortcut tab at the top, then click on Open File Location
Underdark Strategic Guide[edit source]
Recently wrote a Wiki about Mod 8 Underdark Strategic Guide for the Wiki Contest.
If you've got any kind of interest for my work, tell where i can place it ?
- How about as a section in the Underdark page? If it's too large create a page Underdark Strategic Guide and point to it from the Underdark page? - IshtarNW (talk) 12:59, 23 December 2015 (UTC)
If the information on this page below is correct, you should add it to the Main page subsection Gameplay.