I added emotes: Admire Bye Countdown Facepalm Laugh Sleep Yell AFK Charge Cry Facepalm_Double No Stretch Yes Air_Guitar Checkgear Dance_Folk Fistbump Pick_Me Taunt Alert Cheer Dance_Seductive Flip_Coin Point Taunt_Brodown Beckon Cheer_Happy Dance_Snake Frustrated Push_Ups Think Beg Cheer_Proud Dance_Twostep Headbutt Salute Tug Blowkiss Chicken Dance_Wave Hello Shoo Wave Bow Clap Dance_Zombie Highfive Shrug Yawn Bow_Formal Cough Evil_Laugh Jumping_Jacks Sit Yeah
Out-of-game Chat[edit source]
I tried setting up Trillian according to the tutorial, but I keep getting a bad password error. Can anyone confirm if out-of-game chat is still limited to those who have a gold account in CO or STO? Quelkaima (talk) 07:52, 24 August 2013 (UTC)
- When I played as a FTP member on STO and had gold on CO I was able to use the general global and friends-list for STO but not guild chat, In NWO I have had no issues with out of game chat but I am A Hero of the North, Most friends I have using it are either gold somewhere else or have ONLY played NWO.
- My thought is for NWO to count as "GOLD" you need to be level 15. As that seems to be the point that the chat, foundry and guild making bans stop. If anyone here is using out of game chat without having gold in STO or CO post here and tell us what level you are and if you have bought any premium packs. - Vr2LRose (talk) 11:04, 24 August 2013 (UTC)
Pidgin Login Errors[edit source]
- I honestly do not think the issue is with your pidgin settings as the other person in this discussion had the same issue with Trillian, Basic questions I have:.
- Were you able to log in on another Instant messenger?
- Were you able to log in before Faewild?
- Do you play CO or STO? if so are they gold?
- Are you level 15?
- Have you bought any Packs or transferred Zen to NWO?
- Username is the name you use for logging on and gateway NOT your character name or global name. Make sure your user name and resource have no special characters like + or @
- Back on CO and STO the out of game login had some issues with old Cryptic accounts and wouldn't allow non GOLD accounts to use it. I've also been asking people in the forums about this issue. Since we have no GOLD account options in NWO i'm trying to figure out if there is a prereq or if this is just a bug. I started a NWO Forum threadon this topic. - Vr2LRose (talk) 13:17, 25 August 2013 (UTC)
- -UPDATE- regarding Logging in and Usernames -First of all you DO have gold or lifetime in CO or STO (Sadly this is mandatory to use Out of game chat in NW as Out of game chat seems to be a side effect not a feature and is not supported by Cryptic. when I swapped from gold to lifetime on CO I lost out of game chat until lifetime went into effect and I am a Hero of the north in NW.
- However if you are gold and your login is an email address you can substitute \40 for the @ sign. So if your login for arc and gateway is "User@email.com" you would enter in User\40email.com for username. This has been confirmed as working for pidgin - Vr2LRose (talk) 21:38, 14 August 2014 (UTC)