Patch Notes: NW.70.20161205a.9
Highlights[edit | edit source]
Dungeon Key Changes
With all the player feedback from the initial Dungeon Key Changes announcement, we delayed the change in order to bundle it with a significant update to endgame dungeon rewards. Among those improvements are:
- New (and some returning) rewards
- Improved drop rates on certain rare items
- Freed-up inventory space with a new "Useful Items" tab
Details about this feature can be found in the [Developer Blog]!
Release Notes[edit | edit source]
Content and Environment[edit | edit source]
- The collision on the ornamental tusks attached to pillars in Svardborg has been removed.
Combat and Powers[edit | edit source]
- Augmented Thayan Bastion can no longer set up a potential infinite loop of reflected damage.
Classes and Balance
- Hunter Ranger
- Plant Growth now correctly ticks 4 times; previously, it dealt its damage over fewer damage ticks than it should have.
- Plant Growth now roots players for half its duration, rather than full.
- Split the Sky now properly activates effects that are triggered by Encounter powers.
- Oathbound Paladin
- The following powers now correctly generate Divine Energy for Divine Call: Absolution, Circle of Power, Relentless Avenger, Bond of Virtue, Banishment, and Binding Oath.
- Vow of Emnity no longer needs to be toggled on and off. It is now an activateable debuff with a 10 second duration and cooldown.
- Trickster Rogue
- Impossible to Catch can once again properly be used instantly without breaking at-will combos.
- The Shadow Demon companion's outgoing damage output has been adjusted to be more in line with other companions.
- Moonbear: This mount's Insignia combination has been changed to Barbed / Illuminated / Illuminated.
- This addresses an issue where it did not have any viable Insignia combinations.
- Previously slotted insignias will remain slotted in this mount. They can be removed and replaced normally.
- Manticores no longer sometimes become temporarily stuck after the second blizzard phase elapses.
- Storvald's "Call of Winter" and "Hailburst" powers can no longer hit players in the safe area outside the arena.
- The Celestial Golden Lion's mount power, Aureal Armament, now properly functions against the Dragon Turtle in Fangbreaker Island.
Items and Economy[edit | edit source]
- Eye of the Giant: This artifact's tooltip text has been shortened. No changes have been made to its functionality.
Enchantments and Runestones
- Transcendent Frostburn Enchantment now correctly states its 20% chance to trigger in its tooltip.
- Marks of Uvar now correctly state that they can be found in the Storm Giants Reputation chest, rather than Serissa's Reputation chest.
User Interface[edit | edit source]
- Typing /trade now properly changes the chat channel to trade without leaving the word "trade" in the chat entry field.
- /wtt, /wtb, and /wts will still leave their respective strings in the chat entry field.
- Artifacts: The Collection value of the Epic quality Horn of Valhalla is now 9, reduced from 18. This is now in line with other similar artifacts.
- Companions: Manticore and Frozen Galeb Duhr are now in the Companions collection.
- The names for the Reel actions now include the word "Hold."
- This should make it clearer that the player is intended to hold the key instead of tap it.
- While the player is holding a Reel action, there is now an overlay on the icon to make it clear that the game has recognized the button press / hold.
- Certain targetable objects no longer draw a red square instead of a targeting highlight.
Items and Inventory
- Item tooltips no longer occasionally show their flavor text twice in a single tooltip.
- When hovering over currencies required for Profession tasks, the tooltip now properly displays the required currency value rather than just 0.
Graphics, Animation, and Audio[edit | edit source]
- The Apprentice Healer companion has had their sound volume lowered, and the randomization between their comments has been adjusted.
- The Brightness setting now properly re-enables itself when playing in Windowed mode, if the player changes focus to a different program, then back to Neverwinter.
- The Gelatinous Cube mount has had its sound volume lowered.
- The Manticore companion now plays its flavor animation less frequently.
- The Manticore companion has had its sound volume lowered, and its timbre has been adjusted.
- The Silverback Bear mount now properly has audio on its flourish animation.
- Various classes have had certain power audio adjusted.
- Primarily, certain frequent-use At-Wills with "roar" or "battle cry" type sounds have been adjusted to instead use a grunt more appropriate to a quick attack.
- When playing their flourish animation, horses' whinnies are now more consistent in sound.
Performance and Stability[edit | edit source]
- The audio system has had a backend update to resolve some known crashes.
- The outdated driver warning no longer calls out old 32-bit drivers if the system is 64-bit and has newer 64-bit drivers installed.
- Resizing the window while streaming patch data during gameplay no longer crashes the client.
- Various graphics crashes have been addressed.
- Various server-side memory leaks have been addressed.