Patch Notes: NW.70.20161025a.15
Release Notes[edit | edit source]
Content and Environment[edit | edit source]
Storm King's Thunder
- Audio improvements have been made to various locations throughout various Storm King's Thunder content.
- Lonelywood: Catti-brie remains visible in the wilderness until the player completes the Mielikki's Garden quest.
- This should resolve cases where it is difficult or impossible to continue the quest thread if a certain quest is dropped.
Sea of Moving Ice
- Breakfast of Champions: The Dragon Turtle that appears in this Heroic Encounter no longer cancels and switches its attacks partway through activation.
- Casting Alarm: Scrolls are no longer attached to a player's weapon, resulting in Control Wizards reading scrolls pinned to their orb.
- Ice Hunter Rescue: This Heroic Encounter no longer drops Black Ice enchantments.
- The map and mini-map should no longer display graphical errors when panning and scrolling in this zone.
- The Quest Path has been improved in certain locations throughout the zone.
- Totems of Destruction: There are now significantly more Icehunter Totems available for this quest.
- Various text and voice-over mismatches have been resolved.
- When the Ancient Mariner heroic encounter is in progress, nearby regular encounters no longer spawn.
- Xuna is now wearing proper attire to deal with the cold of Svardborg.
- Enemies no longer leash when their target is killed by Permafrost.
- Manticores now properly continue attacking players, rather than standing idle, after the second Call of Winter.
- Master of Svardborg: This achievement no longer counts companion deaths against its completion.
- Storvald now properly stops attacking if all players die during the Manticore phase.
- The music in the first phase of the Storvald fight no longer silences unexpectedly.
- Various objects in this trial no longer display incoming attack "splat" effects in inconsistent ways.
- Caer-Konig: New characters created via Knox's Adventurer Recruitment Order now start at the proper side of Caer-Konig.
- Whispering Caverns: Brain Damage: The brain canisters for this quest now properly spawn at level 60, rather than sometimes spawning at 70.
Combat and Powers[edit | edit source]
Classes and Balance
- Oathbound Paladin
- Absolution no longer resists Everfrost Damage.
- Bane now properly builds Action Points.
- Circle of Power now properly builds Action Points.
Sea of Moving Ice
- Getting hit by the Dragon Turtle's steam cannon power no longer knocks players out of their khyek.
Svardborg and Fangbreaker Island
- Permafrost, cast by both Drufi and Storvald, no longer allows players to cast certain powers normally usable while under control effects.
- Untargetable enemies can no longer be hit by certain powers.
Items and Economy[edit | edit source]
- The new Hunter Ranger weapons can now have their appearance change.
Enchantments and Runestones
- Frost Enchantment: This enchantment no longer provides more damage than expected when other buffs are active.
- Alchemy: Players who are at a rank higher than 8 can no longer engage the Rank 8 version of the Alchemical Research task.
- This caused players to get into states where they could no longer progress through the Alchemy profession.
- We're looking into ways to allow players to get out of this broken state.
- Certain Raw Astral Diamonds dungeon rewards no longer sometimes end up as a pack in the player's inventory.
- Elixir of Life no longer incorrectly allows players to revive themselves.
User Interface[edit | edit source]
- The count of mail with attached items (e.g. expired auction lots) could previously get desynchronized with the actual number in players' mailboxes.
- This issue has been addressed; players who had a low mail count, yet still couldn't post auction lots, should now be able to post.
- The error message that appears when the mail limit is exceeded is now clearer about the cause.
- Tyranny of Dragons: The "Learn More" button now properly sends the player to the right location.
- Unspent Elemental Evil boon points now properly cause the UI to glow in the appropriate locations.
- The "Last Online" message no longer infinitely grows when hovering over an offline guild member.
Items and Inventory
- Set bonuses that include two of the same item now display the proper maximum item count.
- The "+1" signifier on items in reward popups no longer appears, as it has no game effect.
- A command to take attached items from mail can no longer be manually run.
- Powers can no longer be swapped while on a khyek.
- When filling a queue after a player has dropped, the queue now properly respects the Tank / Healer / DPS count requirements.
- In queues with a player count greater than 5, the system now tries to distribute those of the same role across different 5-person parties.
- For example, in a 2 tank, 2 healer, 6 DPS Demogorgon Trial, the queue system will try to assign one tank, one healer, and three damage dealers to each party.
- Throne of the Dwarven Gods and Prophecy of Madness no longer display duplicates of the rewards they give.
- Whenever a button appears in various parts of the UI to purchase something, but the player doesn't have enough Zen to purchase the item, it is no longer grayed out.
- Instead, it allows the player to view the item that could be purchased, and then proceed to the "Buy Zen" flow if desired.
Localization[edit | edit source]
- Various localization updates have been made to Sea of Moving Ice content in French, German, Italian, and Russian languages