Patch Notes: NW.55.20151105a.2
Patch Notes for Underdark
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Additional Notes
Highlights[edit | edit source]
Featured Quests[edit | edit source]
Featured Quests written by R.A. Salvatore! - [Dev Blog]
- We're excited to offer "The Dwarven King", a series of quests written by R.A. Salvatore.
- Join Pwent, Regis, Bruenor, and more on a series of adventures that take you across the Sword Coast!
- You can begin these quests at level 60 by talking to Captain Belgold inProtector's Enclave.
- Completing these featured quests will unlock access to Mantol-Derith, the gathering point for the new Underdark Campaign.
Underdark Campaign[edit | edit source]
- Help the denizens of the Underdark stop the flow of demons from the Abyss!
- The Underdark Campaign will unlock for players who are at level 70 and have completed the featured quest series, "The Dwarven King," written by R.A. Salvatore.
- The Underdark Campaign will allow players to access powerful boons and equipment to push back the demon hordes from the Abyss!
Demonic Heroic Encounters[edit | edit source]
- Demons have begun to appear on the surface, and it's up to you to drive them back!
- Demonic Heroic Encounters are located in the Dread Ring, Dwarven Valley, Icewind Pass, Well of Dragons, and Strongholds.
- These Heroic Encounters will scale in difficulty and rewards based on the number of players who participate.
New Skirmishes[edit | edit source]
- Two new skirmishes are available at level 70: Throne of the Dwarven Gods and Prophecy of Madness.
- Through these, you'll learn a few tricks that will help you in the fight against Demogorgon.
- These skirmishes will reward players based on how well they perform.
- They also have variations in gameplay, so be ready for anything!
Demogorgon[edit | edit source]
- The Prince of Demons has been released from the Abyss, and it's up to you to prevent him from destroying the world as you know it!
- The battle against Demogorgon requires 10 players.
- At the top of every hour, players can fight Demogorgon by gathering in Mantol-Derith and going to the cavern where he lurks.
- Defeating Demogorgon and advancing in the campaign allows players to unlock an Epic version, available through the Queue System.
- Be warned, the Prince of Demons has more tricks in this fight, but gives rewards worthy of epic adventurers!
Stronghold Updates[edit | edit source]
- Strongholds continue to expand in this latest module!
- Guilds will have access to a new Production plot at Rank 15, allowing them to build new structures to increase production of resources or the size of their coffers.
- A new PvP tower has been added: the Spore Tower!
- The Spore Tower will produce mushrooms that significantly heal guild members.
- At later ranks, it will heal guild members when enemy players are killed near it.
Trade Bar Store Update[edit | edit source]
- The Trade Bar Store in Protector's Enclave has seen major updates!
- Many prices have been adjusted in this store.
- Fashion items and dye packs have moved from the Zen Market to the Trade Bar Store, though they'll remain available in the Zen Market until December 17.
- Trade Bars are now Binds To Account on Pickup, too!
- If you want to transfer them between characters, go ahead and deposit them in the Shared Bank, accessible via the normal bank tellers in Protector's Enclave.
- The Trade Bar Store is now accessible remotely, via the Wealth tab of the Inventory, so spending those Trade Bars is a whole lot more convenient!
- To gain Trade Bars, open any Lockbox with an [Enchanted Key].
Gear Preview[edit | edit source]
Gear Preview - [Dev Blog]
(Wherever you can see an item tooltip, you can right-click on that item to bring up the new Gear Preview UI!
- Using this feature, you can see just how a given item would look on your character, and even construct an entire outfit for preview.
Known issue: Players currently cannot preview gear of other classes than their own. This will be addressed in an upcoming patch.
Masterwork Recipes[edit | edit source]
- Those with a Stronghold rank of 12 or higher and a crafting profession rank of 25 can now receive a quest line that will put their crafting abilities to the test.
- Through challenging work, dedicated artisans will be able to create item level 140 gear that may be freely sold and traded.
Known issue: Certain gear given by Masterwork Professions currently has no required level. This will be addressed in an upcoming patch.
Elemental Artifact Weapons[edit | edit source]
- New quests are available from Archdruid Morningdawn at the Tree of Elemental Balance in Protector's Enclave.
- One quest can be accepted at a time, allowing players to complete Heroic Encounters in Elemental Evil zones for progress toward new Elemental Artifact Weapons.
- The more difficult the encounter, the better the chances to gain progress.
Known issue: Accepting multiple Elemental Artifact Weapon quests prevents the player from gaining progress in those quests. To work around the issue, a player may drop all of those Artifact quests, then accept only one. This will be addressed in an upcoming patch.
Additional Notes[edit | edit source]
Classes and Balance[edit | edit source]
- Control Wizard
- [Ice Knife]: Fixed an issue that caused this power's visual effects to display even if the power was cancelled via a Shift-Teleport.
- Devoted Cleric
- Empowered: This power's icon has been updated to match Divinity, instead of using the Sun Burst icon.
- Empowered: More information has been added to this power's buff tooltip.
- [Sun Burst]: A typo has been addressed in the Divine version of this power.
- [Sun Burst]: More information has been added to this power's buff tooltip.
- Divine Oracle: [Prophecy of Doom]: Now correctly benefits from buffs and debuffs on the caster.
- Guardian Fighter
- Oathbound Paladin
- Level Scaling
Content and Environment[edit | edit source]
- Blackdagger Ruins
- When Kallos Tam is pulled out of his room, the fight now resets.
- When the Adventurers are pulled out of their room, the fight now resets.
- Stronghold Siege
- Enemy depots no longer have blue beams at the start
- Enemies in the Gate Crashers skirmish now consistently enter the arena.
- Gate crystals in the Chasm now consistently show health bars.
- Players may now queue for level 60-69 and 70 PvP maps from the battlemaster in the Trade of Blades.
Items and Economy[edit | edit source]
- The daily refinement cap is now 36,000, increased from 24,000.
- Dungeons, Skirmishes, and PvP now give 50% more Astral Diamonds per completion.
- The maximum earnings from each of these sources have been raised by 50% as well.
- Weekly quests now give 50% more Astral Diamonds per completion.
- Blue-quality companions in the Wondrous Bazaar now cost 400,000 Astral Diamonds, reduced from 650,000 - 800,000.
- Upgrading a companion from White quality to Green quality now costs 50,000 Astral Diamonds, reduced from 300,000.
- Upgrading a companion from Green to Blue quality now costs 250,000 AD, reduced from 500,000.
- Upgrading a companion from Blue to Purple quality now costs 500,000 AD, reduced from 750,000.
- Astral Resonators now directly grant 40,000 - 50,000 AD, rather than sending players to harvest the same amount. This only changes gameplay; reward chances and values are unaffected.
- A new item category, "Always Double Refinement," has been added. Items with that category listed on their tooltip are always refined into others at a "Double Refinement" rate, but are not affected by 2x Refinement events.
- Artifact Weapons rank 15 and above are now tagged with Always Double Refinement.
Campaigns[edit | edit source]
- The following campaign tasks no longer cost Astral Diamonds to complete:
Professions[edit | edit source]
- The item level of a number of jewelcrafting rare task items has been adjusted from 120 to 122 to be in line with other, similar rare profession tasks. The high-quality and gemmed versions of these items are not affected.
Strongholds[edit | edit source]
- Explorer's Charts are now available to purchase from Explorer's Guilds rank 6 and above.
- These charts allow players to acquire resources for Masterwork Recipes and their related quests.
- This requirement will change to a Rank 6 Marketplace in a future build.
- The price per Chart will increase by 50%, but a Rank 6 Explorer's Guild will allow players to harvest twice the resources.
- Stronghold Artifact Weapons are now Binds To Account on Pickup, rather than Binds on Pickup.
- The cost of Stronghold Artifact Weapons has been adjusted.
- There are now three alternate pricings.
- Before: 15,000 Guild Marks, 25 Fangs of the Dragonflight, 25 Fallen Banners, 1 Stronghold Class Armament
- PvE: 15,000 Guild Marks, 25 Fangs of the Dragonflight, 1 Stronghold Class Armament
- PvP: 15,000 Guild Marks, 25 Fallen Banners, 1 Stronghold Class Armament
- Mix: 15,000 Guild Marks, 10 Fangs of the Dragonflight, 10 Fallen Banners, 1 Stronghold Class Armament
- The Gemmonger in the Stronghold now has Demon Slayer and Demon Ward marks in stock when the appropriate marketplace rank is reached.
- The required rank to purchase Stronghold Artifact Weapons is now Marketplace Rank 6, down from Marketplace Rank 8.
Zen Market[edit | edit source]
- Many Fashion and Dye items available in the Zen Market are now available in the Trade Bar Store.
- These Fashion and Dye items will leave the Zen Market at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, December 17, 2015.
- The [Vestments of the Wind] fashion item is now available in the Trade Bar Store, separate from the [Air Elemental Cultist Bundle].
- The bundle will remain in the Zen Market until December 17, 2015.
- The [Elemental Air Cultist] is now available as a standalone purchase at 800.
- The [Legendary Dragon Key] will now open special chests in Kessell's Retreat as well as Underdark Skirmishes, Demogorgon and Epic Demogorgon.
- The [Legendary Dragon Key] is now Epic.
General[edit | edit source]
- Players now have one additional bag slot!
- Champion's [Armored Bulette]: This mount is now Legendary quality.
- [Claw of Bahamut]: This item is now Binds To Account on Pickup, rather than on Binds on Equip.
- Eldritch Runestones: Equipping multiple Eldritch Runestones of the same rank now properly transfers additional Movement and Tenacity, instead of only providing you the benefit of having one equipped.
- Eldritch Runestones: The buff icon now has better text, instead of just reading "Augment."
- [Fey Blessing Enchantments] have been renamed to match the naming convention of other similar enchantments.
- Guild PvP armor from Strongholds has been updated with unique coloring to differentiate it from PvE armor.
- Heroic Encounters in the Stronghold may now drop grimoires equippable by companions, in addition to existing companion equipment.
- Legendary items may now be used to refine other items.
- [Pure Holy Avenger Enchantment]: The tooltip text no longer references astral resonators.
- [Terror Enchantment]: The tooltip text has been updated to be more accurate.
- The [Silver-Scaled Cleric Disciple] companion is once again available from the Dragon Scale Merchant.
User Interface[edit | edit source]
- Players may now purchase [Change Appearance Token]s from this UI even if they haven't yet made changes to how their character looks.
- If a campaign task has changed from non-repeatable to repeatable, e.g. with the Valindra's Tower Key task, these tasks are now properly repeatable for players who had already completed them.
- Collections - The order of the "Zone Rewards" section has been updated to be consistent with the order in which they released.
- When a companion is ready to train, its tooltip now shows XP values in addition to the "Ready to train" message.
- Minor improvements have been made to the Guild Settings UI.
- In the Guild Bank, the "Withdraw" option in the context menu is now disabled if the player cannot withdraw the item.
- In the Guild Bank, when selecting the Withdraw option via the context menu on an item stack, a slider now appears instead of the whole stack being withdrawn.
- Debuffs now display before buffs in player status effect lists.
- Inventory and Item Tooltips
- Item count sliders may now go past 999 when entering values in manually.
- Items now display the word "Salvageable" next to their sell price if they can be salvaged.
- When transferring items out of the Overflow Bag, there is no longer an error if there are more items in the Overflow Bag than empty space in the inventory.
- Instead, items are removed from the Overflow Bag until the remaining space fills.
- Store subtabs no longer truncate their names as frequently.