Patch Notes: NW.50.20150722a.10
New Features[edit | edit source]
Strongholds are here![edit | edit source]
- Players in a guild can access the Stronghold through the Overworld map.
- There are different quests available to do in Strongholds depending on the player's level.
- Players in a guild can donate a wide arrangement of items to the coffer in the Stronghold in exchange for guild marks, and guild leaders can use those items to build or upgrade various structures in the Stronghold map.
Build Structures[edit | edit source]
- Players can use the donated resources to build structures, which provide a variety of benefits to the guild.
- Production structures will produce resources like wood, stone, metal, and food that are used to build other structures.
- Production enhancement structures will enhance the production abilities of your production buildings.
- Boon structures will unlock new quests and boons for guild members.
- The Marketplace structure will unlock a wide array of items for guild members to purchase.
- PvP Towers will support players in our upcoming PvP game mode.
Stronghold Rewards[edit | edit source]
- Guild members will earn guild marks when donating items to the coffer. In turn, they can use the guild marks to purchase a variety of things from the Marketplace, such as item level 125 and item level 140 gear. They can also purchase food that gives powerful buffs, as well as new Overload enchantments that will convey a variety of new buffs to players for their duration.
- Once boon structures are built, guild members can activate and deactivate boons from those structures. These boons will grow in power as the guild ranks up said structures.
The Greed of the Dragonflight[edit | edit source]
- When the activity, “The Travelling Wizard” is active and there are at least five players in the Stronghold map, players can talk to the Travelling Wizard in their stronghold to trigger the event.
- Four dragons will spawn in the stronghold. Players have 10 minutes to defeat them, but be warned, the dragons will flee shortly after one of them is defeated!
- Players will be rewarded based upon the number of dragons defeated. The rewards from this event will be required to purchase the new level 140 dragonflight equipment from the Marketplace.
VIP Program[edit | edit source]
- As a new optional purchase to enhance your Neverwinter experience, the VIP Program can grant free items daily (including an Enchanted Key), bonus XP, Astral Diamonds and more!
- Each 30 days of time purchased unlocks an additional rank, granting access to more and better rewards (up to Rank 12). Did your time lapse? Don't worry, you can pick up right where you left off and reactivate any features you have previously unlocked.
- You can even unlock the ability to summon a portable bank, mail and even open (and use) the Overworld Map from anywhere.
- These are usable by any other nearby players, which means you get to share some of your benefits with them!
- For more details, please read the blog post [here].
Patch Notes[edit | edit source]
Classes and Balance[edit | edit source]
- The following powers are now considered "Personal Shields". Warding Flare, Absolution, Exemplar of the Light, Holy Barrier.
- "Personal Shields" are shields that absorb a fixed amount of damage before breaking. This is just a terminology change.
- Powers considered personal shields are now affected by healing depression. The amount of damage these shields can absorb is adjusted as soon as you are affected by healing depression.
- Guardian Fighter: Removed the 'Weak' floating text when hit with [Tide of Iron].
- Hunter Ranger: [Stillness of the Forest] will no longer display Critical Chance incorrectly on your Character Sheet. This was a display issue only.
- Oathbound Paladin
- Scourge Warlock: [Harrowstorm]: Curse synergy with this power now functions as expected again.
Content and Environment[edit | edit source]
- Temple of the Spider: Lord Jevahn Jhalvar is no longer inclined to take a dip in the water. He now accepts the fact that his swim skill is 0.
- The Leaderboard season has reset to accompany the new module.
Enemies[edit | edit source]
- Dragon breath FX now better align with the areas they actually hit.
- Fiery Pit: Lowered Vanifer and Jaka's damage.
Items and Economy[edit | edit source]
- Alchemy: Decreased the duration of the Force Potion task.
- Barkskin: Increased the Hit Points absorbed by these enchantments.
- Dungeon Seals
- The number of Seals of the Elements contained in a [Cache of the Elements] has been increased from 50 to 80.
- The number of Seals of the Elements that drop from minibosses in epic dungeons and skirmishes has been increased from 15 to 25.
- The number of Seals of the Elements that drop from bosses in epic dungeons and skirmishes has been increased from 25 to 30.
- The number of Seals of the Elements that drop from minibosses in non-epic dungeons and skirmishes has been increased from 10 to 20.
- The number of Seals of the Elements that drop from bosses in non-epic dungeons and skirmishes has been increased from 20 to 30.
- The number of Seals of the Protector contained in a [Cache of the Protector] has been increased from 40 to 60.
- The number of Seals of the Protector that drop from minibosses in epic dungeons and skirmishes has been increased from 2 to 10.
- The number of Seals of the Protector that drop from bosses in epic dungeons and skirmishes has been increased from 4 to 20.
- [Negation Enchantment]: Resolved an issue wherein [Transcendent] and [Pure] Negation enchantment did not increase recovery or incoming healing as indicated.
- We have smoothed out the progression of stat buffs on all mid-tier Enchantments. This will give slight increases to most T3-T8 enchantments.
- [Indomitable Runestone]: This runestone will now use the magnitude of the damage inflicted by your companion to calculate the damage done. As a result of this change, only one Indomitable Runestone will apply. If multiple are slotted the game will use the highest rank.
- Tymora's Lucky Enchantment: [Hidden Pouch] now more consistently includes items when opened by level 61+ characters.
- Greatly reduced the chances of level 69 items dropping for a level 70 player.
- [Minor Mark of Potency] can now be searched for in the Auction House.
- [Mounts]] can now be used starting at level 4, after completing the Sleeping Dragon Bridge tutorial.
- Rewards from Domination PvP/Gauntlgrym are now much more likely for your class and the drop rates have increased based on your end of match scoring.
- [Seals of Triumph] have updated descriptive text.
- Temple of Tiamat: The items "[Tiamat Sash]" and "[Amulet of Tiamat's Demise]" which were previously referenced as part of a set with "[Tiamat's Orb of Majesty]" are now available as rewards from participating in the Temple of Tiamat. Both the sash and the amulet will have a chance to drop in instances where other neck or waist artifacts have always dropped.
- The size of the professions asset and resource bags have been increased.
User Interface[edit | edit source]
- Collections has an added sub category element.
- The maximum number of purchased Companion Idle slots is now 216, up from 96. This number includes the 16 starting idle slots.
- Companions will now list all of their powers in their item tooltips.
- Dungeon quests listed in the Journal will no longer display the rewards for completing the dungeon.
- Health Bar visuals have been updated for improved readability when dealing with Temporary Health and Personal Shields.
- Hit Points (Red bar) now always comprise the full width of the bar, instead of being compressed when Temporary Health is added.
- Temporary Hitpoints (Yellow bar) is layered on top of the health bar.
- The new Shield Health (blue bar) is layered on top of both.
- Inspecting a player now shows their Item Level instead of yours.
- Inspecting players now works when they are not in the same map instance as you.
- Personal Shields will now correctly draw damage floaters when the target player takes damage.
- Quest paths draw more reliably in some cases.
- Queues: There is now better messaging when the queue is looking for additional players.
- Tactical powers that you hold the button to keep on (Block, Sprint, Shadow Slip) now have a bright border around their tray icon when the power is on. *Additionally, for the Guardian Fighter, the HUD block bar art now has a pulsing glow in its center icon when you are blocking.
- The "You have unread messages" alert on the HUD is now accurate and no longer still says you have messages after opening the UI.
- The multiple boss bar layout has seen several improvements.
- Vote Kick
- Players can no longer kick teammates after a dungeon boss has been killed.
- This can now be effectively used in normal dungeons with only 3 players.
- Vote Kicks are not allowed when items of Rare quality or greater are on the ground.
Performance and Stability[edit | edit source]
- Resolved a crash on startup that could occur.
- Resolved a crash that could rarely occur related to Environment FX.