Patch Notes: NW.45.20150416c.11
Classes and Balance[edit | edit source]
Content and Environment[edit | edit source]
- Drowned Shore:
- Beach Combing: To make this quest consistent with similar quests, gathering salvage no longer grants completion credit to party members. Each party member must find 5 Salvage.
- Breathless: Increased drop rate for the Necklace of Air Breathing. However, to make it consistent with similar quests, this quest no longer grants completion credit to party members. Each party member must find one item.
- Cornered by Crabs Heroic Encounter: small crabs have an updated frame to show they are tough Heroic Encounter enemies.
- Enemies associated with Heroic Encounters in the Drowned Shore should now properly despawn when their Heroic Encounter ends. Certain enemies were not getting cleaned up properly, and made some areas much more difficult as a result.
- Herbal Malady: Resolved an issue with the golden path sometimes unintentionally leading to the wrong place, and confined the second portion of the quest to the Glimmerstone Mine.
- Stolen Memories: More than tripled the drop rate for Guardsmen's Personal Items, and doubled the amount required for completion.
- Taking Stock: Added a few more chests of Merchant Wares to make them a little easier to find.
- The Ravenous Host: Added more Lacedon encounters, and expanded the waypoint to more accurately represent the quest area.
- Updated the following quests to be more like other "Target" quests. Instead of getting lucky and happening upon one of these named enemies, they must be challenged at certain defined points, and then defeated. We feel that this will alleviate some of the frustration points encountered with these quests: Riptide Molly, The Tidemaster, Deepclaw, Mossy Meg, Maelstrom, Render, Surge, Hullbreaker, Slade.
- Temple of Tiamat: There are now entrance restrictions on the Temple of Tiamat. You must be at least level 70 and have a Total Item Level of 1,800 to enter. While this limits who can enter and fight Tiamat, it should significantly improve the chance of success.
- Temple of Tiamat: Lowered the difficulty of creatures within the Temple of Tiamat by approximately 20%.
Items and Economy[edit | edit source]
- Dread Ring
- Added [Dread Ring Artifact Bag] to the daily quests. This reward pack holds 5,000 Refinement Points for artifacts in random denominations.
- Added [Dread Ring Artifact Trove] to the weekly quest rewards. This reward pack holds 15,000 Refinement Points for artifacts in random denominations.
- Added a new set of armor, Thayan Servitor, iLevel 120 Rare quality. It is sold in the Campaign store and costs 75 Vanguard Scrip, 50 Thayan Scrolls, and 6 Thayan Ciphers per piece.
- Removed [Seal of the Shadowmantle] from the drop tables in Valindra's Tower. Removed the armor sold for these seals from the store and replaced them with a bag of artifact Refinement Stones.
- Icewind Dale: Heroic Encounters now also award Refinement Stones. Awards range from 1,000 Refinement Points for small Heroic Encounters all the way up to 11,000 for the most challenging ones.
- Newly discovered random weapons and armor that drop in level 60+ zones will now have Armor/Weapon Enchantment slots in them.
- Resolved an issue wherein some crafted shirts and pants were granting more stats than expected.
- Resolved an issue wherein some crafted tailoring robes granted more AC than expected of cloth equipment.
- Resolved some cases where a companion or enchantment powers would multiply with quathemselves to deal more damage than intended.
- Added a new set of armor, Iliyanbruen, iLevel 120 Rare quality. It is sold in the Campaign store and costs 100 Feywild Sparks, 9 Abjuring Charms, 9 Vibrant Seedlings, and 9 Iliyanbruen Blades per piece.
- Daily Quests now award Thaumaturgic Stones worth 2,500 Refinement points each and Lair Quests award 5,000 Refinement Points each.
- Removed [Seal of the Dark Fey] from the Drop Tables in Malabog's Castle. Removed the armor sold for these seals from the store and replaced them with a bag of Thaumaturgic Stones.
- The [Emblem of the Cults] can no longer be used from the inventory.
- The buff icon for level 65 potions now use the appropriate icon.
Performance and Stability[edit | edit source]
- Resolved an issue where FX would still try to draw when they should have been throttled to help performance degradation issues. This is most relevant in group content.
- Resolved a server disconnect that could occur when connecting to a PvP map in some cases.
- Updated performance of FX calls that use animation skeleton information such as summoning angels, ghostly armored warrior outlines and the like as well as general particle sprite drawing efficiency.