Patch Notes NW.3.20130529g.25 (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?375171)
Combat and Powers[edit | edit source]
- Block: Extremely high amounts of damage no longer break through Block when the player has plenty of the Block meter remaining.
- Block: When Block is broken, the damage is now more significantly reduced by the amount of Block meter remaining before the meter breaking hit.
Misc.[edit | edit source]
- General: Powers, Feats, and effects that adjust cooldowns, such as Dazzling Blades and the Master Duelist set bonus for the Trickster Rogue, now adjust cooldowns by the proper amount.
- Skills: Arcana, Dungeoneering, Thievery, and Religion now have unique icons.
- Story Editor: Several cases have been addressed where dragging a component between maps would create undeletable components.
- Well-Informed Barmaids now properly show Featured quests.
- Well-Informed Barmaids now properly show the first quest in a campaign.
- Well-Informed Barmaids now properly show the player's language in their default search.
Localization[edit | edit source]
- In the German locale, the Y key now toggles the Quest Path and the Z key now opens the Zen Market.
- Italian, Polish, and Turkish locales are now available with text translation.
- Italian, Polish, and Turkish language versions of the intro cinematic are now available for viewing (and listening).
- The Neverwinter client now properly detects installed keyboards with non-English locale settings and binds keys appropriately.
Professions[edit | edit source]
- High-tier Arm slot pieces no longer require Tier 2 dungeon resources.
- The tasks that make the high-tier Arm slot pieces now require the piece to be upgraded. These tasks are now always visible.
- Alchemy: Experimentation tasks now display their potential rewards on the Summary screen.
- Leadership: The rewards for several tasks have been updated, as well as the contents of Leadership chests.
- Rank 3: Extended Guard Duty: A medium chest has been added to the rewards for this task.
- Rank 4: Protect Caravan: The Astral Diamond reward for this task has been lowered to 100.
- Rank 4: Protect Local Merchant: 150 XP and a medium chest have been added to the rewards for this task.
- Rank 5: Explore: The time to complete this task has been increased to 2 hours.
- Rank 5: Raid Supply Cache: 450 XP has been added to the rewards for this task.
- Rank 6: Protect Survey Team: 2 Silver has been added to the rewards for this task.
- Small Chest: The number of skill items given by this chest has been reduced to 1.
- Medium Chest: The number of skill items given by this chest has been reduced to 3, but the Healing Potion count has been increased to 2.
- Large Chest: The number of skill items given by this chest has been reduced to 6, but the Greater Healing Potion count has been increased to 2.
- Very Large Chest: The Greater Healing Potion count given by this chest has been increased to 7.
- Profession Pack reward windows now properly inherit the color of the best item in the pack.
- The Alchemy promotion in Profession Packs has ended.
Quests and Environments[edit | edit source]
- Moonstone Mask: The security on the VIP area of the Moonstone Mask has been beefed up.
- Cloak Tower: Campfires now only act as respawn points after defeating the minibosses preceding them.
- Cloak Tower: There is now a gate after Makred. It opens upon defeating him.
- A dip in terrain next to Blackdagger Keep has been smoothed out. It is no longer possible to become stuck in that location.
- Several quests have been updated to have proper "Return" objectives.
- Several spawns have been cleared out from frequently traveled pathways.
- Some locations that previously displayed flickering characters and objects have been addressed.
- Hidden Cove: The Religion skill node in this instance is no longer blocked by an invisible wall.
- Cragmire Crypts: The introductory quest to this dungeon no longer requires a turn-in.
- There is no longer an invisible wall blocking a Religion skill node.
- History Lessons has had another flow improvement. The scrolls are now more visible and the objective order is clearer.
- History Lessons now properly provides progress for the Maps II achievement.
- Doomguide's Duty: This quest is now lit correctly at the beginning.
- The Emissary: Adventurers may want to be more careful near sarcophagi going forward.
- Hellfire Archmagi now spawn less frequently near the Old Dirty Dwarf Tavern.
- Several spawns have been cleared out from frequently traveled pathways.
- The secret passage from the forest to the street outside the tavern has been removed, but the passage to the tavern basement still works properly.
- Crypt of Vigilance: There is no longer an invisible wall blocking a Religion skill node.
- Lair of the Mad Dragon: The pit under the Pit Fiend now kills players instead of teleporting them.
- The campfires now properly give the Mending Wounds effect.
- The map now depicts the player's location more accurately.
- There is no longer an invisible wall blocking a Thievery skill node.
- Gray Wolf Den: The collision in this map has been simplified and adjusted. It is now more difficult to exit the gameplay space and skip content.
- Lair of the Pirate King: The collision in this map has been simplified and adjusted. It is now more difficult to exit the gameplay space and skip content.
- Lair of the Pirate King: Due to increased dungeon safety standards, enemies in the third part of this dungeon are now much less susceptible to being knocked off the edge.
- Several encounters through the zone have been removed or adjusted to provide better enemy density.
- To Remember the Fallen: Planting the flag no longer requires super precise positioning.
- The Frozen Heart: Players may no longer destroy Grast the Gutcruncher's orbs and open the path before engaging him.
- The Frozen Heart: There is no longer a wall that allows players to walk directly through it.
- The third major section of the exterior now spawns level 53 enemies, up from level 49.
- Spellplague Caverns: The collision in this map has been simplified and adjusted. It is now more difficult to exit the gameplay space.
- Temple of the Spider: The collision in this map has been simplified and adjusted. It is now more difficult to exit the gameplay space.
- Temple of the Spider: Lord Jevahn Jhalvar has sealed up his doorframe to prevent crafty adventurers from sneaking past him.
- Temple of the Spider: There is now a gate after Halbryn Darkstalker. It opens upon Halbryn's defeat.
- A path that was missing from the Map window now shows up more brightly.
- Seeds of Rebirth: Seedlings can now be seen from farther away on low graphics settings.
- Caverns of Karrundax: The collision in this map has been simplified and adjusted. It is now more difficult to exit the gameplay space.
- Illithid Enclave: A few skill nodes have been removed from this instance.
- Illithid Enclave: This instance is now considered level 59 for random drop calculations, down from 60.
- The Dread Vault: The intro quest to this dungeon is now level 60, down from level 61.
- Player characters who phase through one of the solid walls at the beginning of Castle Never will now swiftly meet their end.
- Campfires now only act as respawn points after defeating the minibosses preceding them.
- The gate after the third boss may now only be used after killing him.
- Fardelver Crypt: There is no longer phantom collision blocking part of the gameplay area.
- Server performance has been improved even further in the second phase of Gauntlgrym.
PvP[edit | edit source]
- Domination: Mount Hotenow and Rivenscar Ruins: Players may no longer target and attack players in spawn points with ranged or teleport attacks. Players in spawn points may not snipe from their perches there, either.
Stability[edit | edit source]
- A crash in mouse buffering has been fixed.
User Interface[edit | edit source]
- Auto-Refine: When Rough Astral Diamonds have been automatically refined, a notification now appears upon logging in.
- Calendar: The Event tooltip display now shows the number of days until the event begins.
- Death / Near Death: When clicking Release, the confirmation window now properly appears at the center of the screen.
- Request GM Help: Fields that require entry now actually require entry before submitting a request.
- Request GM Help: The categories in the category selection menu have been rearranged.
- Request GM Help: The "Other" category has been changed to "Bug Report."
- Request GM Help: When reporting Behavior issues, the ticket confirmation now properly informs the player that a GM will only contact him or her if there is a need to follow up.
- Wealth: The tooltips for Gold, Astral Diamonds, Glory, Ardent Coins, and Celestial Coins now show the maximum amount a player can hold.