Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Garrundar the Vile
Basic Information[edit | edit source]
- Skirmish/Monster Level: 44
- Minimum Level to queue: 40
- Maximum Level to queue: 47
Enemies[edit | edit source]
- The Black Dragon, Garrundar the Vile
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Garrundar is a hectic, yet ultimately straightforward fight.
1.) First and foremost, the adds must go down. Most importantly, the Mystics need to be burned down as quickly as possible: their AoE heals can get out of control very quickly. (When this fight is lost, 99% of the time it is because the DPS is not bursting down the Mystics.)
2.) The tank should try to position the boss away from the party whenever possible, causing his breath attacks to be cast away from the party. If this is not done, the rest of the party can have a hard time taking out the mystics.
Additionally, this is a great fight to use the elixirs you may have piling up. Such buffs last for 60 minutes, enough time for at least 2 runs against Garrundar.
Call to Arms[edit | edit source]
The Call to Arms: Garrundar the Vile was scheduled for June 5th, 2014 to June 9th, 2014. A second run was scheduled January 14th to January 18th, 2016.
Garrundar the Vile, an old and powerful black dragon, has been discovered to be living on the island near Pirates' Skyhold. He must be defeated!
You must be level 6 or higher and queue for the event using the button below or by pressing "k" on your keyboard.
Slaying Garrundar the Vile gives you a chance at the following rewards:
Whether you gain the chance rewards or not, you will gain many [Medallion of Battle] which you can spend in the sword to purchase the following items:
- [Refiner's Cache] 100
- [Jungle Cloak Dye Pack] 50
- [Primitive Orb] 300
- [Primitive Symbol] 300
- [Primitive Swordclub] 300
- [Primitive Battleaxe] 150
- [Primitive Shield] 150
- [Primitive Bow] 150
- [Primitive Handaxes] 150
- [Primitive Club] 150
- [Primitive Pact Blade] 300
- [Primitive Dagger] 150
- [Primitive Dirk] 150
Many of these rewards are only available during the Garrundar the Vile Call to Arms, so get them while you can!
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Event Preview: Call to Arms Garrundar the Vile http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/5006243
- Call to Arms: Garrundar the Vile now Live! http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/5006643
- CTA: Garrundar the Vile Returns! http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9739483