Dwarves are one of the playable races in Neverwinter and are available at launch.
Description[edit | edit source]
Dwarves are a short and stout people claiming to have been hewn from the underground rock they call home. Strong, hardy, and dependable, they have deep respect for their friends, gods, and ancestors. These pious people revere Moradin as their creator while still honoring the different gods who oversee various aspects of their lives. They make excellent fighters and clerics. They find no greater honor than standing by and protecting an ally in combat or having a beer with them.
Many dwarves can be found in Neverwinter. Some seek the glory and honor of battle, while others seek the wealth found in rebuilding the city.
Racial traits[edit | edit source]
- +2 Constitution
- +2 Strength or +2 Wisdom
- Stand Your Ground: You have increased resistance to Knock and Repel effects.
- Bug: Currently this only appears to function in PVP - monsters always have a 100% chance to knock or repel you if they try. It works in pvp roughly 10% of the time.
- Cast-Iron Stomach: You have increased damage resistance to Damage Over Time (DoT) effects.
- Bug: Appears broken, suffer the same damage from Fire DoT as other races.
Names[edit | edit source]
Random names for dwarves are composed of a first and last name.
- Female first names include: Artin, Bardryn, Diesa, Eldeth, Falkrunn, Gurdis, Helja, Kathra, Kirstryd, Mardred, Riswynn, Torbera, Vistra
- Male first names include: Adrik, Baern, Berend, Darrak, Dontspill, Eberk, Fargrim, Gardain, Harbek, Kildrak, Morgain, Orsik, Rangrim, Thoradin, Thorfin, Tordek, Travok, Vondal
- Last names include: Battlebeard, Battlefate, Battleheart, Gemviper, Lorearthen, McGinnis, Mineshadow, Runehouse, Spiritforged, Stoneheart, Strifeminer, Swordsteel, Torgarsaxe
Customization[edit | edit source]