Chapter 9: A View of Menzoberranzan
|Preceded by:||Chapter 8: Reclaim the Rock|
|Followed by:||Chapter 10: Mutual Agreements|
|Given by:||Bruenor Battlehammer|
|Also occurs in:||Drow Outpost|
|Turn in to:||Bruenor Battlehammer|
Chapter 9: A View of Menzoberranzan is a quest in The Maze Engine Campaign.
Objective[edit | edit source]
- Go to the drow Outpost and recover Gromph Baenre's Grimoire.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Drizzt scouted it and it's crawlin' with drow... enough that we need te play this safe.
We acquired a scroll that'll disguise ye as a drow priestess. Yer gonna bring Drizzt in as yer "prisoner", get close to the grimoire, steal it, and walk outta there.
Yer gonna have te do this fast before the drow figure out yer not a deranged drow priestess.
Steps[edit | edit source]
- Go to Drow Outpost
- Recover Gromph Baenre's Grimoire
- Take Scroll from Drizzt and Cast Disguise Self
- Approach the Drow Outpost
- Speak to Guard
- Bring Drizzt to the Outpost Commander
- Speak to Jarlaxle Braenre
- Defeat Drow and Demons (7)
- Defeat the Leader of the Demons
- Return to Bruenor Battlehammer
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Let's not dwell too long on your disguise. I'm rather curious what you're doing here with an "injured" Drizzt Do'Urden.
I've pieced together you're here for old Gromph's grimoire. There are a thousand reasons "why"... perhaps you'd tell me your reason.
- Vizeran DeVir needs this grimoire to help us fight Baphomet
Listen, I can give you Gromph Baenre's grimoire (I never really was his biggest fan), but only on one condition.
You cannot trust Vizeran. Oh, sure, he'll help you kill Baphomet... he has no reason to help a demon lord.
However, I'm sure he has an alternative motive. He hated the drow society, but that doesn't mean he wasn't one of the most vile, corrupt wizards that ever walked Menzoberranzan.
- What makes you so certain he cannot be trusted?
Completion[edit | edit source]
We gotta find the truth about this. If Catti were here, she'd help in a heartbeat. But I think I got the next best thing.