Chapter 6: Strange Concoctions
|Preceded by:||Interlude: Claim Your Power|
|Followed by:||Chapter 7: Crashing the Cultists|
|Given by:||Bruenor Battlehammer|
|Also occurs in:|
|Turn in to:||Bruenor Battlehammer|
Chapter 6: Strange Concoctions is a quest in The Maze Engine Campaign.
Objective[edit | edit source]
- Speak to Lucas Shaneway III in Mantol-Derith.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Yer gonna need te get four elemental grimoires from the elemental cults, one o' each element, then yer gonna need te get the tome of some drow named Gromph Baenre.
The Lords' Alliance got a hold of the fire grimoire back when we fought them cultists. They sent one of their men, Lucas Shaneway, te deliver it. Meet him in Mantol-Derith and get the grimoire from him.
Steps[edit | edit source]
- Get the Fire Grimoire from Lucas Shaneway III
- Return to Bruenor Battlehammer
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
I have the fire grimoire all ready for you... but I don't give anything out for free.
If you want the grimoire, I'm afraid you're going to have to earn it.
- ...What do you Need?
To be fair, it's not alcoholic, just a combination of various fungi and other edibles I've picked up during my time in the Underdark.
If you can hold your own drinking with me, I'll give you the grimoire.
I'll probably give it to you anyway, but why not have a little bit of fun?
- (Constitution Check) I'll have a drink!
- (Wisdom Check) Lucas, this isn't the time for drinking, please give me the item.
- (Intelligence Check) I don't think your superior would approve of this behavior.
- (Dexterity Check) I'll have a drink Sure, I'll have a drink! (Use your sleight of hand to avoid having a drink.)
- (Charisma Check) Let's save the fun for after we kill Baphomet.
- Thanks, Lucas
Completion[edit | edit source]
At least ye got the grimoire. Regis dropped off a note while we were chattin' about where you're goin' next.