Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Caverns of Karrundax
|Location Type:||Dungeon Delve|
Climb up through the fiery Caverns of Karrundax to confront the Red Dragon in his Aerie atop the Volcano!
Description[edit | edit source]
A dungeon delve located in Mount Hotenow
Queue[edit | edit source]
|Dungeon Level||Monster Level||Queue Level||Gear Score|
|Normal||59||59||54 - 70|
Quests[edit | edit source]
Bosses of Caverns of Karrundax[edit | edit source]
- Pyraphenia the Firebrand
- A simple burn fight. The tank should kite the adds.
- The Flameshield minions initially present do not respawn, and should be eliminated to alleviate pressure on the tank.
- The boss can be pulled near the room entrance in order to avoid some of the adds spawns.
- Strong spike damage should ready to finish off the boss at the 25% health threshold, as the spawns can quickly overrun the party at that point.
- The Hand of Maegera
- Another burn fight very similar to the previous boss.
- The initial spawns do not respawn, much like the previous boss.
- Karrundax the Red - This is the final boss and has four phases:
- Phase 1 - Entering the chamber. Upon entering there will be two Wyrm Dragonlings. These will need to be killed quickly as they spawn adds over time. Karrundax will regularly spit a high damage fireball marked by a large red aoe circle. Upon killing both of the dragonlings, Karrundax will swoop down.
- Phase 2 - First Karrundax Main Fight Phase - Once Karrundax comes down off of the ledge to fight, you'll need to get him to 50% health. Over time adds will spawn, but destroying the adds will not help you. In this phase the boss must be burned.
- Phase 3 - More Wyrm Dragonlings - Karrundax, upon receiving 50% damage will swoop back up to his perch. This is a repetition of phase #1.
- Phase 4 - Final Karrundax Fight - Once again, Karrundax will come down off of his ledge to fight. Even more adds will spawn, this is a time critical piece and Karrundax needs to be taken down quickly. Upon death of Karrundax the adds stay spawned and will need to be cleaned up.
Loot[edit | edit source]
|Pyraphenia the Firebrand||random piece of unidentified Rare equipment||50|
|The Hand of Maegera||random piece of unidentified Rare equipment||50|
|Karrundax the Red||random piece of unidentified Rare equipment||100|
|End Reward Chest||random piece of unidentified Rare equipment for your class|