The savage orcs of the Many-Arrows tribe are attacking the Neverwinter Guard Post! Gather your team to fight them off.
Description[edit | edit source]
Orc Assault! is a Skirmish set in the Tower District. The heroes must help Aelgar the Fierce to protect the Neverwinter Guard Post from three waves of Orcs and Ogres, ended by the boss Mog the Crusher, coming from the Merchant Guild Hall.
Basic Information[edit | edit source]
Skirmish Level: 13
Monster Level: 15
Minimum Level to queue: 10
Maximum Level to queue: 21
Quests related: Driving Back the Orcs
Objective[edit | edit source]
- Defeat the orc raiders and claim your reward.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Steps[edit | edit source]
- Enter the Battleground
- Defeat the First Wave
- Defeat the Second Wave
- Defeat the Final Wave
- Claim Your Reward
Completion[edit | edit source]
- First Time Reward: 1000
- Bound Lesser Scroll of Identification
- 5 25
Possible Drops: [Gruumsh's Revenge]
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Enemies[edit | edit source]
- Mog the Crusher - An oversized ogre. Fairly easy to dispatch on his own, though he is accompanied by a large amount of Orcs to add some challenge.
Encounter[edit | edit source]
Orc Assault! consists of two waves of enemies followed by a boss wave.
Waves[edit | edit source]
Call to Arms[edit | edit source]
A Call to Arms Skirmish is an enhanced, limited time, version of a normal skirmish that allows characters level 6-60 to queue for it without any other prerequisite and has an enhanced drop table. The Call to Arms: Orc Assault was first held from August 9th, 2013 to August 13th, 2013 (extended from the planned August 12, 2013). The second Call to Arms: Orc Assault was held February 20th, 2014 to February 24th, 2014, and added new transmutes, a Sword Coast Adventures option, and a [Medallion of Battle] store.
Call to Arms Specific Notes
- This does count towards fulfillment of the "Orc Raid" Skirmish Achievement.
- There are three chests near and on the central fort: These contain regular level appropriate gear as with any dungeon chest.
- Enemies are more spread out then in the normal Orc Assault and don't appear to pursue as much: This provides a good opportunity to gather the chests above between waves.
- Any monster killed can drop a Savage Enchantment of a random low rank.
- Teams can be mixed between a wide level range, and the monsters auto scale their damage given and received as appropriate to each character.
- It appears that each character will appear to themselves to be flagged as the party leader when entering the queue singly. When joining a team then leadership will be assigned as normal.
- A Call to Arms only counts as a level appropriate skirmish for Daily Skirmish purposes if the normal version would be in the correct range for the character.
- A Call to Arms does count as a Skirmish for purposes of earning the Skirmish hour reward of 1000 .
- Loot Mode is always set to Round Robin.
- General monster drops appear to be dictated by the level of the character that dealt the majority of damage to monster, so in a group of mixed low and high level characters much of the gear dropped will be unusable by the lower level ones (though still sellable obviously).
Regardless if you gain these chance rewards, you will gain many [Medallion of Battle] which you can spend in the store to purchase the following items:
- [Refiner's Cache] 100
- [Many-Arrows Dye Pack] 50
- [Savage Skull of the Many-Arrows] 300
- [Savage Symbol of the Many-Arrows] 300
- [Savage Maul of the Many-Arrows] 300
- [Savage Battleaxe of the Many-Arrows] 150
- [Savage Shield of the Many-Arrows] 150
- [Savage Bow of the Many-Arrows] 150
- [Savage Blade of the Many-Arrows] 150
- [Savage Knight's Shield of the Many-Arrows] 150
- [Savage Mace of the Many-Arrows] 150
- [Savage Pact Blade of the Many-Arrows] 150
- [Savage Axe of the Many-Arrows] 150
- [Savage Hatchet of the Many-Arrows] 150
Many of these rewards are only available during the Orc Assault Call to Arms, so get them while you can!
Call To Arms: Aelgar the Fierce[edit | edit source]
During the Call To Arms version of the event a stand appears near the center of Protector's Enclave with Aelgar the Fierce on it standing next to a box of orc gear and an armored wolf. His only current purpose is to answer some questions about the event.
- Call to Arms! Orc Raid
Gather your team to fight them off!
- What is a Call to Arms?
Driving the orcs back gives players a chance to find one of a set of unique weapons. These savage orc weapons are designed to be used for transmutation, so you can alter the appearance of your favorite sword, dagger, orb, or holy symbol into a brutal-looking orc weapon unique to your class.
In addition to these cruel primitive weapons, you can also earn Savage Enchantments to enhance your gear, the Many Arrows dye pack to daub your armor in the colors of Neverwinter's most vicious orc tribe, and a bestial Many Arrows wolf companion.
- Can anyone join in?
The event can be joined by utilizing the Queue window and queuing for the Call to Arms event, when available.
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Call to Arms: Orc Assault Event http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=939811
- Call to Arms: Orc Assault Preview http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1095231
- Call to Arms: Orc Assault http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1099581
- Video Walkthrough of the Orc Assault Skirmish https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiXLRVJguKk