|Location Type:||Adventure Zone|
The Summer Festival is a calendar event and special adventure zone. It first ran from August 29th to September 19th, 2013 and was then called the "Midsummer Festival". It returned for a second run from August 21st to September 11th, 2014, for a third from July 9th to July 30th, 2015 and has since then been renamed the "Summer Festival".
- 1 Event
- 2 Summer Festival's Height
- 3 Dialogue
- 4 Currencies
- 5 Stores
- 6 Postal Courier
- 7 Quest Progression
- 8 Contests
- 9 Flower Gathering
- 10 Achievements
- 11 Lore
- 12 External Links
Event[edit | edit source]
The event begins with the sky taking on a purplish hue, at which point an event stand appears near the center of Protector's Enclave with a Midsummer Priestess flanked by a Prize Boar and Blue Ribbon Pig. She provides initial information on the event and starts the quest Summer Festival (Quest).
Summer Festival's Height[edit | edit source]
With Patch NW.5.20130828.7 on 09/12/2013 various changes were implemented in the Festival, primarily an increase in petal rewards. One of these additions (the craftable [Hero's Feast]) was listed as linked to "Summer Festival's Height", but was present right at the beginning of the non-Height version of the event in 2014.
Height of the Summmer Festival!
Join us for the height of the Summer Festival!
Get bonus rewards for festival activities and earn new rewards, including the might craftable Hero's Feast!
Come by the Midsummer Festival zone, found on the overhead map, every day for special activities and unique rewards available only once a year!
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Midsummer Priestess[edit | edit source]
- What is the Midsummer Festival?
How do I get to the Midsummer Festival?
- That's all I wanted to ask.
May the blessing of Sune be upon you!
- Thank you for the reminder.
Yina Morradi[edit | edit source]
- About the Midsummer Festival.
- I'd like to know about the background of the Midsummer Festival.
- I have another question.
- What activities are there for me to do at the Midsummer Festival?
To the west of the Festival Round are the Grillin' Grounds, where you can test your martial skills in two different events. First, we've spent all year preparing new water-based trinkets for you to use in a grand Water Battle with your fellow heroes. Splash and avoid being splashed for points and prizes. Secondly, once again we will need the help of adventurers to fend off attacks by marauding trolls during the Hungry Trolls event.
To the east of the Festival Round stands the Blooming Boughs. There you can fight kobolds to gather Fireblossom flowers and earn special crafting materials.
To the north spread the Fertile Fields, where farmer Pavro needs aid herding animals and collecting crops to feed the festival during the Summer Feast contest.
Every day Yina Morradi can grant you a repeatable Quest with a special reward for joining in the Summer Festival's activities.
- I have another question.
- I'd like to know about special rewards and crafting.
First, many of the activities here at the festival will reward you with Fireblossom Petals. You can redeem these with our Petal Store for special rewards available only at the festival, such as Fashion Garb, Mounts, Companions, and even special Weapons!
Completing my daily mission will reward you with a Tribute to Sune. Redeem these with the Tribute Store to gain special rewards.
Last but not least, we've made some of our priestesses available for Crafting tasks you can only perform during the Midsummer Festival.
- I have another question.
- I don't have any further questions.
Currencies[edit | edit source]
- [Fireblossom Flowers]: Trade at the Midsummer Florist for rewards and crafting resources
- [Fireblossom Petal]: Trade at the Petal Store for rewards and crafting resources
- [Favor of Sune]: Trade at the Tribute Store for rewards
Stores[edit | edit source]
Midsummer Florist[edit | edit source]
All items bought from the Midsummer Florist immediately bind on pickup, regardless of their tooltips.
Midsummer Merchant[edit | edit source]
- Standard potions and kits
Midsummer Priestess[edit | edit source]
- Same list as the Petal Store below
Petal Store[edit | edit source]
All items bought from the Petal Store immediately bind on pickup, regardless of their tooltips, except the Fashion Clothing items, which bind on equip.
- [Caprese] 15
- [Squash Soup] 15
- [Watermelon Sorbet] 15
- [Small Party Popper] 15
- [Small Fireworks] 30
- [Piñata] 50
- [Bottomless Waterskin] 700
- [Everlasting Water Bucket] 700
- [Decanter of Endless Water] 700
- [Sunite Shield] 850
- [Sunite Long Sword] 850
- [Sunite Orb] 1,700
- [Sunite Greatsword] 1,700
- [Sunite Symbol] 1,700
- [Sunite Dagger] 850
- [Sunite Bow] 850
- [Sunite Blades] 850
- [Sunite Pact Blade] 1,700
- [Farmer's Shovel] 850
- [Farmer's Trough] 850
- [Farmer's Watering Can] 1,700
- [Farmer's Scythe] 1,700
- [Farmer's Shrub Rake] 1,700
- [Farmer's Gardening Trowel] 850
- [Farmer's Bow] 850
- [Farmer's Hand Fork] 850
- [Farmer's Fork] 1,700
- [Sunite Garb] 2,600
- [Chef's Whites] 2,600
- [Chef's Double Breasted Jacket] 2,600
- [Chef's Toque] 2,600
- [Pig] 4,200
- [Favor of Sune] 20
Tribute Store[edit | edit source]
All items bought from the Tribute Store immediately bind on pickup, regardless of their tooltips.
- [Bounty of Sune] 125
Postal Courier[edit | edit source]
Quest Progression[edit | edit source]
Contests[edit | edit source]
There are three rotating Contests during the festival. Each lasts 15 minutes, with a 5 minute break in between, so a full rotation takes 60 minutes. There are a pair of achievements for participating in Hungry Trolls and Summer Feast contests 10 times each. On rare occasion a Binds on Equip version of one of the Tribute Store items may drop for a player who gets first place. This is the [Pig] during the Summer Feast and the [Everlasting Water Bucket] for the Water Battle. [Piñata]s drop much more often.
- Hungry Trolls: Kill trolls in the Grillin' Grounds. There are a variety of trolls, including Gluttonous Trolls, Hungry Trolls, Ravenous Trolls, and Starving Trolls. Occasionally a named troll, such as Gormengeena or Smorgengorg, will arrive with an announcement.
- Water Battle: Use various themed objects (purchased or gathered) to target other player characters with harmless water based attacks. Earn points by hitting and lose them by being hit.
- Summer Feast: Harvest corn and chase chickens and pigs in the Fertile Fields. A fast mount helps.
Flower Gathering[edit | edit source]
Flower gathering in the Blooming Boughs is available at all times. Midsummer Kobolds (Minion, Hurler, Dragonshield, Slyblade, and an occasional Wyrmpriest in the northeast corner) drop [Fireblossom Flowers]. These flowers can also be obtained by looting the large flower clusters that spawn in the area, which on 09/06/2013 were patched to allow interaction to proceed even while the gathering character is under attack by the "normal" kobolds (strong kobolds like the Dragonshields can still interrupt attempts by using special attacks).
Achievements[edit | edit source]
The following Achievements can be earned by participating in the event:
- Chicken Chaser: Participate in the "Midsummer Harvest" Event 10 Times.
- (The contest event box for this reads "Summer Feast")
- Florist: Gather 120 flowers for the Midsummer Festival
- (Gather 120 [Fireblossom Flowers] )
- Summer Celebrant: Celebrate the Midsummer Festival
- (Complete the quest Summer Celebration 1 time ).
- Summer Knight: Celebrate the Midsummer Festival 10 Times
- (Complete the quest Summer Celebration 10 times ).
- Summer Lover: Celebrate the Midsummer Festival 25 Times
- (Complete the quest Summer Celebration 25 times ).
- Summer Sensation: Celebrate the Midsummer Festival 50 Times
- (Complete the quest Summer Celebration 50 times ).
- Troll Wrangler: Participate in the "Hungry Trolls" Event 10 Times
Note: During the 2013 event the Summer Celebrant and Summer Knight achievements were labeled Midsummer instead.
Lore[edit | edit source]
There are five lore entries available during the Midsummer Festival. All five are learned during the quest Summer of Love. Their entries are placed in the Protector's Enclave category of the lore journal.
- Flowers for Sune: Talk to the Midsummer Florist in the Blooming Boughs during the Summer of Love quest.
- Hungry Trolls: Talk to the Midsummer Grillmaster in the Grillin' Grounds during the Summer of Love quest.
- Of Sune and Feasts: Talk to Farmer Pavro in the Fertile Fields during the Summer of Love quest.
- Summer Waters: Talk to the Summer Watermaster in the Festival Round during the Summer of Love quest.
- The Goddess Sune: Examine the wall scroll in the Festival Round during the Summer of Love quest.
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Neverwinter Event: Summer Festival http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/1006370
- Summer Festival - More Rewards! http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/1004810
- Summer Festival is Coming to Neverwinter http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/6009173
- Summer Festival: More Rewards! http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/7001523
- Neverwinter: The Summer Festival Returns! http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9442013
- Neverwinter: Summer Festival Live Stream! http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9445863