Skirmishes are player-vs-environment private instances that (so far) take place in outdoor environments and which are balanced for groups of five characters. They are similar to Dungeon Delves, but usually shorter and often involve staying in a fixed area while defeating multiple waves of foes.
Skirmishes awards an achievement which can be earned during normal leveling, or during the "Call to Arms" event. A Call to Arms is the only means to earn those achievements for a character that has exceeded the max level for each indicated in the table below.
List of Skirmishes
|8||Blacklake Terror||Blacklake District||5||13|
|13||Orc Assault||Tower District||10||21|
|23||Storming the Keep||Blackdagger Ruins||18||30|
|31||Straight to Helm||Helm's Hold||27||35|
|36||Defend the Temple||Ebon Downs||32||39|
|44||Garrundar the Vile||Pirates' Skyhold||40||47|
|47||Storm Front||Icespire Peak||44||50|
|51||Gate Crashers||The Chasm||47||53|
|54||Defend the Village||Rothé Valley||50||57|
|55||Battle for the Bridge||Mount Hotenow||54||60|
|59||Aberrant Assault||Whispering Caverns||57||60|
|60||Master of the Hunt||Sharandar||60||60|
|60||Dread Legion||Dread Ring||60||60|
|?||Kessell's Retreat||Icewind Dale||60||60|
|?||The Shores of Tuern||Tuern||60||60|
- Kessell's Retreat is an epic skirmish unlocked through the Icewind Dale Campaign.
- The Shores of Tuern is a normal and epic skirmish unlocked through the Tyranny of Dragons Campaign.
Call to Arms Skirmish
A Call to Arms is an enhanced, limited time version of a normal skirmish that permits levels 6-60 to queue for it. These events have enhanced drop tables with special items like rare pets and themed weapons intended for transmute use.
- Teams can be mixed between a wide level range, and the monsters auto scale their damage given and received as appropriate to each character.
- It appears that each character will appear to themselves to be flagged as the party leader when entering the queue singly. When joining a team then leadership will be assigned as normal.
- A Call to Arms only counts as a level appropriate skirmish for Daily Skirmish purposes if the normal version would be in the correct range for the character.
- A Call to Arms does count as a Skirmish for purposes of earning the Skirmish event hour reward of 1000 .
- A Call to Arms does count towards earning a Skirmish's achievement.
- Loot Mode is always set to Round Robin.
- General monster drops appear to be dictated by the level of the character that dealt the majority of damage to monster, so in a group of mixed low and high level characters much of the gear dropped will be unusable by the lower level ones (though still sellable obviously).
|Start Date||End Date||Event Name||Adventure Zone|
|2013-08-09||2013-08-12||Orc Assault||Tower District|
|2013-10-03||2013-10-07||Straight to Helm||Helm's Hold|
|2014-01-24||2014-01-28||Storming the Keep||Blackdagger Ruins|
|2014-02-20||2014-02-24||Orc Assault v2||Tower District|
|2014-03-20||2014-03-25||Temple Defense||Ebon Downs|
|2014-04-17||2014-04-21||Battle for the Bridge||Mount Hotenow|
|2014-06-05||2014-06-09||Garrundar the Vile||Pirates' Skyhold|
|2014-07-17||2014-07-21||Gate Crashers||The Chasm|
|2014-10-16||2013-10-20||Pit Fight v2||Vellosk|
- New System: Call to Arms: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=952651
- Call to Arms: Orc Assault Event: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=939811
- Call to Arms: Straight to Helm Event: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=993921
- Call to Arms: Storming the Keep Preview: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1081021