Required Gear Rating: 9200
|Preceded by:||Unlocked via Sharandar Campaign|
|Given by:||[Malabog's Castle Key]|
|Also occurs in:||Malabog's Castle|
|Turn in to:||None|
On behalf of all of Sharandar, we beseech you to help us put an end to this! We require a small team of heroes to infiltrate the fomorian castle, slay Malabog, drive off the dragon, and end this war. Will you help us?
|Dungeon Level||Monster Level||Queue Level||Gear Score|
You have to first unlock the ability to enter Malabog's Castle via the Sharandar Campaign system.
- Redcaps, Trolls, Fomorians, Cyclops, Witches and a few undead
- Krol Nightforge (Cyclops)
- Malabog (Fomorian King)
- (Optional) Competing adventure party (5 Humans)
- Fulminorax (Elder Blue Dragon) and Valindra (Lich)
The quest is auto-bestowed upon completing the "Unlock Malabog's Castle" objective on the Sharandar Campaign tree and can be retaken if abandoned prior to completion by using the [Malabog's Castle Key]. The quest auto-completes upon entry; See the info box for the small reward it gives.
Enter Malabog's Castle and defeat the fomorian king, Malabog and his dragon, Fulminorax.
- Enter Malabog's Castle
Same as the description, with the notation of (PARTY REQUIRED).
In-game gear description:
Gear: Earn [Seals of the Drake]* and have a chance to get some of the best Ring, Neck, Waist, Main Hand and Off-Hand items! While the Dungeon Delve Event is running, open the chest at end for additional [Seals of the Drake]* and additional loot just for you!
* Bugged Descript: The dungeon bosses/chest actually drop [Seals of the Dark Fey]
All three main bosses (The competing adventurer party are flagged as bosses but do not drop boss loot) seem to share the same loot table, they will drop a random Sharandar-specific shard, 3-5 [Seal of the Dark Fey], and one of the following:
- Random unidentified blue
- Piece of General Equipment
- Piece of Control Wizard Equipment:
- Piece of Devoted Cleric Equipment:
- Piece of Great Weapon Fighter Equipment:
- Piece of Guardian Fighter Equipment:
- Piece of Trickster Rogue Equipment:
- Malabog Crafting Fragment: You need 3 of these and level 20 Weaponsmithing or Artificing to craft main hand weapons that match sets with the Fomorian Fabled off-hand items listed above.
Binding note: Unlike all other epic dungeon boss drops, all of the epic equipment drops from these bosses bind to character upon pickup, so choose your rolls carefully. The profession resources (Malabog Crafting Fragments) do not bind.
 Dungeon Delve Chest
Unlike all other dungeon delve chests, this one does not offer 3 choices as there is only 1 "set" piece item it could contain. You'll instead get only 13-16 [Seal of the Dark Fey], 6 [Gold Crescent], an enchantment shard from the feywild update, and a random epic from the below list. The Fabled Iliyanbruen weapons have the slightly lower stats than the Fomorian ones (same stats as CN weapons), but no set bonuses.
- Piece of General Equipment:
- Control Wizard:
- Piece of Devoted Cleric Equipment
- Piece of Great Weapon Fighter Equipment
- Piece of Guardian Fighter Equipment
- Piece of Trickster Rogue Equipment
- Piece of Hunter Ranger Equipment
Binding note: Like all dungeon delve chest drops, these items bind on pickup.