Chains of Blazing Light
|Minimum Power Points:||15|
|Power Type:||Encounter Power|
|Damage type:||Radiant Damage|
|Area of Effect:||10' Burst|
Chains of Blazing Light is an Encounter power usable by Devoted Clerics. It is available to them after spending 15 power points.
Ranks[edit | edit source]
- Rank I: Mark a location with a holy rune for a short duration. when the foe steps on the mark, chains of fiery light Immobilize them for 3 seconds.
- Rank II: Damage +10%, Trap Duration +5s
- Rank III: Damage +10%, Trap Duration +5s
- Rank IV: Damage +10%, Trap Duration +5s
Divinity Effects[edit | edit source]
Now instantly marks location, where chains of fiery light Immobilize foes for 1 second. Up to 3 of these marks may be active at a time.
Empowered[edit | edit source]
When Chains of Blazing Light strikes a foe it consumes all stacks of Empowered to increase the Immobilize duration by 2 seconds and Damage by 10% per stack consumed.
Affecting Feats[edit | edit source]
Additional Notes[edit | edit source]
- Chains of Blazing Light has an 80' cast range and a 10' trap radius. (The 1' in the tooltip is misleading.)
- Immobilize duration is 2 seconds.
- Trap duration is 15 seconds at rank 3.
- The trap detonates immediately once an enemy steps on the marked area. Upon detonation, up to five enemies within the marked area (and slightly beyond it) are damaged and rooted.
- If the trap detonates on at least one enemy, the cleric gains ~50% of a pip of divine power.
- Unlike for most Devoted Cleric powers, this divine power gain happens even if Chains of Blazing Light was cast from divine mode, allowing the encounter to partially "pay for itself."
Divinity: Now instantly marks location, and deals additional damage.